The term “Chauffeur” has a French origin. In short, the chauffeur is first-class taxi drivers who go beyond the requirement to offer their customers personalized service to suit their needs and wishes.
Drivers are employed for various reasons, such as weddings, funerals, business meetings and special birthday parties. Add a twist of class to any event or occasion. But like all services, you should only pay for the best that is and avoid the “cowboys” that hide your trade brand name.
Below are three ways to make sure you hire the best possible driver. Before signing any contract or making undue decisions, seek advice from friends and family or ask them to recommend a chauffeur to hire. Good drivers know the importance of “mouth to mouth” referrals and often offer discounts to friends and family.
Type your city and the word “driver” in your favorite search engine. Often people leave comments on how they found the service on their Facebook page. Make a note of each compliment or criticism for use when making your final decision.
While online, write down contact information for the Chauffeur companies in your area. Call each and explain the type of service you need. Then you should be able to compare the services available to each and which company appears to offer a better service you should hire
Desirable attributes to a driver
- The perfect chauffeur must have the right label. As part of their work they must open and close carpets and refer to you as “master” or “lady”.
- The perfect chauffeur must wear appropriate clothes. Usually, they dress in an expensive black suit with a white shirt and black tie. Your shoes should always be polished without wear marks or weary soles. Remember, your chauffeur is a reflection of you and therefore you have to dress to impress.
- A chauffeur must be a tour guide and an expert in the local area. By knowing the area, they can send you to your destination on time and for sure.
- Your chauffeur must have a complete and clean driving license and always comply with the road rules, regardless of the situation in which they are.
- The perfect chauffeur delivers coffee, snacks, personal items or flowers on behalf of their customers. You should also arrange pickup or return of important packages, mail, and other important items.
- The most important thing is that a chauffeur must perform his or her task with the greatest discretion and confidentiality, as well as be treating his client with a high degree of respect and professionalism.